Friday, May 20, 2005

You all continue to amaze me with the generous outpouring of support around the Fiber Arts Avengers. Our last round of auctions raised an incredible, amazing, fantastical amount of money:

$3526.99

That's one round, folks. I find the numbers staggering and inspiring. I would have never imagined that we could reach these heights. I'm looking toward the future and I would love to see an Avenger in every city of the 3 Day next year - wouldn't that be amazing?

I'm walking a lot but not enough. We've established a bit of a routine and try to walk on Monday, Wednesday and Friday nights as well as the weekends. With our recent storms (real crocodile stranglers, I tell ya), it's been a challenge. Lindsay and I braved the weather the other night and got pretty soaked but kept at it. Frankie was at outdoor camp with her students last week but is going to the Expo tomorrow. I don't think I'll attend the Expo, but I'm sure Frankie will tell me all about it.

My heel is cracked. Not the bone, just the skin. It is really painful. I guess I'm just not allowed to wear sandals or go without socks -- ever. I walked through the pain the other night because I wanted to see what that was like. I imagined myself an athlete, trying to make it across the finish line. I'm a dork. It got better after awhile, anyway.

Alrighty, just wanted to check in and offer a quick update. As my walking increases, my computer time decreases. I'm finding it challenging to fit my life in around everything else, you know? Funny, life.

Night and take care.

Jesse

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home