Monday, April 04, 2005

Milestone 1

We've hit a huge milestone--the $500 mark! I'm especially excited about this because we haven't even begun the amazing auctions yet. My heartfelt thanks go out to all of you who have given your time and money in support of this cause.

I hope you would think of a family I know tonight. The father collapsed on Friday and after surgery to remove his spleen, they found cancer throughout his entire body. The prognosis is touch-and-go right now. He is in his forties, has two beautiful teenage daughters and a wife. I am having a difficult time grasping the horror right now.

On a more upbeat note, I hope you'll all join me in a round of applause for our dear chairgoddess of the Fiber Arts Avengers--she is going to have a pattern printed in the next issue of Knitty.com! What a rockstar! Pamela is the true force behind this tour de force--my knitting needles are off to you, dear friend.

Also, be sure to take a look at www.mothering.com for their Mother's Writer's Group. Yours truly is leading a birth story workshop. Come on over and let's talk birth!

Love to you all

~Jesse

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home