Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Sore Dogs

I hate to admit it, but my training fell off a bit in March. I was teaching 3x a week in the mornings as well as commuting to take my older daughter to preschool in the old neighborhood--so I was a leetle crazy. Needless to say, I started in earnest this weekend and it feels good. Don't get me wrong, it actually feels bad, but I'm resigned to think that all exercise right now is supposed to feel that way. If this was easy, everyone would be doing it.

So on Sunday I walked with my neighbor, her mom and her sister. Her sister is 16 and is a track/cross-country runner, and her mother is recovering from total hip replacement surgery. You'd think that one or both of these descriptions would somehow make me feel good about my current (non)state of athleticism. Well, they both kicked my ass. What is it with these people? I seriously could have jogged as fast as they were walking! Even the sweet mother, who certainly seems normal and nice and of good character, was out to get me--her new hip seems to be working out pretty well.

My new neighbor is so wonderful and she and her family are so cool. I do a really obnoxious thing when I'm around her. I show her things. I show her my crafts and my knitting like I'm a fourth-grade kid trying to elicit praise from a teacher. "Here, look at what I made." "Here, let me cook this for you..." " "Here, let me knit you a gnome." I hope my crafting craziness doesn't scare her off. I must seem like some wierd mutant Martha Stewart who knits like madwoman a but can't keep her house clean.

Would you take a look at our FAA Auctions? They are a thing to behold. Some of you are serious shopping Avengers, let me tell you. To my amazing knitting sisters who have contributed such beautiful artistry for this project, I thank you. To my amazing shopping sisters, I bow down in retail homage to your proweress. There are still a few days on many of the auctions--including the cute newborn soaker set I have up--please note that it is a FAA auction even though it doesn't have the correct template. I goofed.

Check out the Auctions here.

Correct me if I am wrong, but we've raised 968.03 if all things were to close this minute. Is that right? Someone double-check my math. Can you even believe it? I'm speechless. How far can we take this thing, ladies?

Don't forget that even a $5 donation gets you entered in the drawing! Details here.

I had better get to walking....

Love, love, love

~J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home