Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Miss Me?

I have to apologize for being so silent for so long. Lots and lots has happened and sometimes when I think, "Oh! I need to write about that!" I get overwhelmed and then have a hard time writing. That and I've been really busy knitting and walking. Such is my life!

So, lets see...two weekends ago I walked about 14 miles total. It was insane. Who in their right mind thinks that 14 miles is an okay number? As I was walking all over my freaking huge city, I just kept thinking about y'all and how I wished you were with me IRL.

I have been working on finding a safe walking route near my house and came up with a four-mile jaunt that I can do after dinner and the kids go to sleep. Now that it's lighter longer, my evenings have opened up for walking. I can do four miles in an hour easy peasy, and if I do it five times a week, that's 20 miles. Then if I do the huge walks on the weekends, I should be good to go.

By the way, I am terrified of the 3 Day. I am starting to grasp it all and the distance is really, really, really, REALLY scary. It's like walking three marathons back-to-back. Minus 12 miles.

We've got another round of auctions coming up! Check out www.fiberartsavengers.com for details.

Lastly, the route has been posted on the 3 Day site and it looks like I'll be walking in Pam's neighborhood! Yay!

Jesse

4 Comments:

Blogger TrueEpicure said...

It *is* a bit daunting when you think about it. If you haven't already done so, check into the training walks. I've been doing at least one a week. Not only is it great to walk with other people, but it's great to walk with other people who've done the 3-Day before!

3:30 PM  
Blogger Pamelamama said...

Jesse!! I miss you, I DO!

So glad you'll be walking my neighborhood, but I can't find the route info on the three day site.

HUGS!

9:48 PM  
Blogger Pamelamama said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:49 PM  
Blogger Katie, a dyer at Yarn Love said...

You can do it, Jesse! Sometimes we encounter tasks that seem nearly impossible to complete. But through determination and hard work we are able to complete them and complete them well. The strength and confidence these experiences provide are priceless.

I know that you have the will, the strength and the heart to walk....and I wish I could be there on the sidelines cheering you on. (Through your trainin and at the event!)

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home